Originally constructed in 1926 as Hotel Bismarck, the Hotel Allegro underwent intensive renovations to restore its art deco glamour and modernize its communal spaces. The Allegro renovation targeted underutilized space and focused the redesign on ease of use. The front entry was reconfigured for better visibility and street presence. Once inside an outdated gift shop was removed to make way for semi-private meeting space and lounge areas. The restaurant that once occupied the first floor of the hotel was converted and updated into state of the art conference space. For guests on their way to check-in, original restored brass handrails guide them up the main staircase to reception where they are ushered into the grand lobby with new floor to ceiling windows, bright white marble floors and marble paneled fireplace. The ceiling was updated to code and adorned with original lighting fixtures discovered in the hotel’s basement storage. The old reception area that was tucked behind columns and archways now hosts the lobby’s bar and additional waiting areas for guests. 483 guest rooms also received cosmetic updates to match Hotel Allegro's new image.
Architect: GREC Architects
General Contractor: McHugh Construction
Interior Designer: Simeone Deary Design Group
MEP/FP Engineers: Willoughby Engineering
Structural Engineers: Forefront Structural
Owner: Clarion Partners
Operator: Kimpton Hotels & Resorts
Project Manager: HRV Hotel Partners
Originally constructed in 1926 as Hotel Bismarck, the Hotel Allegro underwent intensive renovations to restore its art deco glamour and modernize its communal spaces. The renovation targeted underutilized space and focused the redesign on ease of use. The renovation included new meeting and conference rooms as well as a completely reconfigured lobby to allow for a more accessible and welcoming reception.